Sunday, August 7, 2011

He's a KEEPER!!!!


LITTLEST FISHERMAN EVER!!
The saying is "less is more" but I can not pick just ONE of these pictures to post in the blog. Here are a few of my favorites.

There is a whole new genre of baby pictures thanks to the incredible photographer Anne Geddes. When I was taking photography classes an actual class assignment was called a "copy cat" photo. The idea was to try to duplicate a photo. We were trying to duplicate a "style" here. I think one day Megan and Steve will find these photos SO PRICELESS and amazing because who can remember your baby EVER being this small? When we had our first baby I remember a friend telling me to just stare at him and implant the newborn look in my brain because this look is gone so quickly....I think these photos will help us remember.
Megan had this idea for a newborn photoshoot. I think she was really clever as she LOVES the fisherman in her life! One of the special purchases they made before the baby arrived was this vintage fishing basket...my job was to set it up and get the shot. We were told the keys to getting a newborn shot was to:
1. have the baby well feed
2. keep the baby warm

Obviously a concern when having a photo shoot of a naked baby is the very simple possibility that something may get wet do to no diaper. Cannon was a champ and this did NOT happen. However...I guess I have no shame to journal this next part of the story. Megan and I occasionally have an effect on each other that we start to giggle and can not stop. Embarrassingly this has happened more than once, usually in church....well....of course, where else? Gary gets really annoyed by us when it happens. We don't really know why it happens, but one of us gets going and then, the other amd somehow we get out of control, sometimes we don't really know what we're even laughing at? It's terrible :) Well, we started to laugh one of the times when we were trying to position Cannon in this fishing basket.....Megan and I laughed SO HARD....that well...it was Grandma not the baby that wet her pants!!! I was SO embarrassed since Steve was there. He was very considerate about it and said NOTHING, but I'm sure he thinks....oh my.....my MIL is wacko!!

3 comments:

  1. Is that what I have to look forward to when i get to be your age??

    Photos are priceless - you are a wonderful photographer - this is harder than it looks - I know - tried it and FAILED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fortunate enough to see all these great photos, and I loved the photos that made you giggle so much, those are priceless as well!!! These really turned out great! Love, love, love them! You really should open a studio, you do such a great job! And these were the perfect props!!!

    ReplyDelete