Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SHARE

 
 
 
To blog IS to SHARE, really, isn't that what we are doing as we post pictures and thoughts? 
 
Here I am, slow but sure, expressing my feelings on the 12th word of my 14 word challenge.  Deciding on how to approach this topic was simple and clear to me, Rigby Jon, my second Grandson is my inspiration for this post. 
 
 
 
 
  My Daughter-in-law and I were looking at my "word list wall hanging" and I told her I knew exactly which word I was going to use "Rigby" as my topic.  She studied the list for a minute then said "well I know which word does NOT describe him"......that would be SHARE, "because he doesn't know how to share" (Rigby's two).  I laughed inside thinking, this is another reason for Grandma's.  To me, this word fits him perfectly,  so here we go, remaining mindful that the following is from a
Grandma's point of view"
 

DETERMINATION

 
When Rigby was born he was in a different position than either of
 my other Grandsons, Rigby had a big brother.  He joined a
"family", rather than created a new family. 
 "Big Rig" entered this world having to SHARE his
 parents opposed to having them all to himself. 
For the first time we had a grandchild who was not a firstborn!
 


Welcoming Rigby to this world!


 
I'm a true believer that "birth order" has a huge effect
on our personality.  We often carry on about the
"firstborn" child, I witnessed Rigby entering this world
 to parents who were experienced.  This new little boy, 
taking his spot as the second child would be
 sharing parents with his older
brother, this just might be a great place to be!  
Child number 2 would be welcomed by parents
who are more confident and more relaxed. 
After all they have been down this amazing road of
"bringing home a baby" once before! 
 
 
 Sharing life with a big brother can be wonderful.  Having a big brother is like having a ready made friend to show you and share
 the world with you. What an incredible bond brothers, can have!
  Here are a few "brother" moments I captured of Rigby and Tyler.
 
 
 
 
 
Now, back to Riggers, this little boy is amazing in many ways.  Yes, I am his grandmother, therefore I can comfortably share that as a fact.  Along with many other traits he has an incredible physical feature.......and that would be
 HIS EYES!!
 

This is the face of a cherub!

 
There is nothing quite like looking into his eyes, they are mesmerizing:
 



The excitement of finding shelter from a rainstorm in the mountains!
 
 
 
 
If by chance you are wondering where those eyes come from, here's a picture of his Daddy.....
 

Jonathan about 3 years old



Like I said, this post is from a Grandma's perspective, in my opinion the little boy in the picture above, and his son in the picture below SHARE the same eyes. 
 


 
And where do these eyes come from??  I usually don't take credit, however, I also believe that you give credit where credit is due.....
 

Me in the early 60's



 
OK, now, seriously, there is a resemblance here....it's all in the EYES!
 

He happens to be watching BYU Football - something he SHARES with his whole family!

I also am the first to admit that this incredible happy face of Rigby's does not exclusively come from his Dad.  Take a look at this face....
 
 
This expression, the whole face, the happiness, the softness, is something this little boy SHARES with his Mom!
 




Can you see the resemblance?
 
 
Back to the subject of "Rigby's eyes" you just can not help to look at them and wonder what he is thinking as he takes in the world through those amazing big brown eyes. 















With eyes like his you wonder what his thoughts are and wish he could share with you what he is thinking.  The thing I need to remember is that he is just a little boy, and it is not just those incredible eyes, but his entire expression that reminds me he is a little child growing up and sharing life with a very loving family.
 
 


Big Rigs favorite Super Hero is the HULK (love both sets of "eyes" in this photo)


 
 
Just look at Rigby's smile while sharing a moment with his Grandpa!!....then check out Grandpa's expression.
 
Sharing his 2nd birthday cake with his Aunt Megan

"Second cousins" share the same Great-Grandparents

My life is happier and better and filled with joy because I get to SHARE in the life of Rigby.  He is one very cool kid.....

You cover those eyes and you wonder where "Rigby" went?
This little guy is a "charmer" and its not only those amazing eyes.  He has a smile that lights up any room, and when he describes something with the most darling little voice you have ever heard he seems to captivate his audience.  It really helps to have his Mom nearby as she understands his language and is a great interpreter.  He has an incredible connection with his Mom (sometimes we're not sure he likes anyone else).   


Very soon a brand new meaning of the word SHARE will enter Rigby's world as he is about to become a big brother!  We all anticipate the excitement as a baby sister will soon join this adorable family.  My heart is full when I think of the love that Rigby has in his young little life with Jonathan, Kristin and Tyler, and how that love will not be divided and split with another child, but multiplied and increased for everyone when the new little baby is born!

 

Here is one more photo of a sweet moment shared between Rigby and his parents.  Notice where all eyes are looking and notice the quote on Kristin's shirt in terms of what has been shared about Rigby Jon 
 
 
 
 



 

 


 



1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I sure love that riggers! I always think he looks like kristin, but man that picture of him then jonathan then you!!! wow hes more rogers than i thought! I love rigby and his imagination, but mostly who can miss those big browns? So lucky to have such sweet boys that i get to call my nephews!

    ReplyDelete