Sunday, July 10, 2011

3 O'clock Phone Calls

A simple phone call can ROCK or STOP your world. Recently I have had phone calls on my cell that have dramatically resulted in both of these reactions. A phone call that ROCKED my world was from my daughter Emily, on July 7, who simply said, (at 3:00 AM) "Megan's in labor"!!!! It might seem odd that Emily called, instead of Megan or Steve, this is one of my simple joys of our family relationships...Steve called Emily FIRST with the big news. Clearly he wanted her to know what was happening with her sister, and he knew she would help him out. Steve left something at home and asked Emily if she would run by their apartment on her way to the hospital, then he added "call your Mom"!! A simple joy for a Mom is watching your kids turn to each other and help each other out. Crazy thing was the fact that Emily had to "call" us instead of just come wake us up, that would be because Gary and I had slipped away for a night to a local resort.....note to expectant Grandparents - plan a get-away - Grand baby will come!!. By the way, that phone call ROCKED my world!!

On June 10th, I also received a phone call, this one was at 3:00 in the afternoon. My cell phone lit up and said "Gary", the person on the other end was NOT him, the voice said....the paramedics are on their way, I believe your husband has had a stroke. At that moment my world STOPPED! BOTH of these phone calls have had a huge impact on my life, resulting in feelings of love, and gratitude and much appreciation for life. I plan to post about each of these events....soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are not only a gifted photographer but a really terrific writer. Plus, I'd much rather read about your drama than deal with my own. Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my stinking STARS! Or maybe I should say ROCK-STAR!!!! Cause that is what YOU ARE! I learn from you everyday! Thanks for sharing your innermost!

    ReplyDelete